Monday, April 11, 2011

Why me?

Jenny and I went to Big Lots then Walmart. At Big Lots, Jen found a book of....well an erotica book. So I put it in the basket along with the other stuff we bought....while I was checking out, the checker picked it up and I immediately said, "that's for my daughter!" (Darah I'm going to let her borrow yours :-) too)


The she started talking about a book she was reading that made her blush and I immediately knew the author from the title....and I said "Oh I love her and I've gotten a friend hooked on her." She said, well, she makes me blush and I'm sitting and reading by myself.


When we got out, I had to call Kay (she's the friend) for 1) to let Jenny hear her and 2) what the checkout lady said. Now she and Jenny are friends on FB and I might regret that, but I doubt it.


So...we go to Walmart to buy material (I think I am a quilt queen now) and stuff for the kids and for Jenny and a few baby things for the new baby in the family. Okay a lot of stuff.


A young man checking us out said some little girl is lucky and Jenny told him she'd waited forever to be an aunt!


Then out of the blue he starts saying the military should get paid and went off into this sort of tangent about congress and the president. I said they are getting paid. He said no they're not. He said he blamed the president and I was about to say who doesn't when he said I like him. That's when I got really quiet. I did really. You can ask Jenny.


He went on and on and on and I finally remembered that I had on a very faded Sarah Palin 2008 shirt. Ilooked at him and said, "Are you telling me all this because of my shirt?"


He said, "Well, I know who you voted for."


Jenny butted in then and said, "You are wasting your time, my mom is a die-hard Republican."  Jenny said she was just trying to give the boy an "easy out" but he didn't take it.


When we got to the car, Jenny laughed and said apparently he didn't know who he was messing with and you were sure biting your tongue.


Fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment